November 4, 2014 by Neil Walker
Beautiful Smile – Photo Credit: Mark Sebastian
You really can transform your smile on holiday with cosmetic dentistry in Cancun. This popular destination is an archetypal dream holiday location with its pristine white beaches, turquoise waters and sophisticated leisure amenities, with travelers from all over the world now realizing they can get the smile they always wanted in just a couple of weeks, and for a fraction of the price they’d pay at home.
Cosmetic dentistry usually refers to dental work that improves the esthetics (appearance) of the teeth, but not necessarily the function. Although the American Dental Association doesn’t recognize it as a formal specialist area of dentistry, there are two specialties that have been seen, traditionally, to focus on esthetics – prosthodontics (false teeth) and orthodontics (braces).
These days, depending on which dentist you go to, there are other specialties and techniques that are used in cosmetic dentistry, and many dentists see the esthetic, health and functional aspects of the teeth as equally important – if your teeth look good then it’s likely they are supported by underlying good oral health.
Of course, there are quick fix techniques which can improve your smile dramatically in one or two visits, and treatments which take a lot longer and require a commitment to regular visits. Modern dentistry is now so accomplished that there is usually more than one way to achieve the same result. Any good cosmetic dentist will be more than happy to offer you a number of options, and to discuss the pros and cons with you in detail. Take a look at some of the cosmetic dentistry treatments our dentists in Cancun offer:
Cosmetic Dental Treatments that can be done in one trip
These treatments can make a huge difference to your smile in no time at all:
- Tooth-colored fillings are the easiest and quickest to do. Now that silver-colored amalgam fillings are out of vogue, most dentists offer tooth-colored fillings in either porcelain or composite. The process is the same as for a silver filling, and can be done in a matter of minutes. Obviously, color-matched to the shade of your own teeth, they look far more attractive than the silver colored fillings.
- Laser teeth whitening makes a dramatic difference to your smile. If you are happy with your smile, but would like a Hollywood bright, white smile then this is for you. The process usually takes less than two hours and involves a whitening gel being applied to your teeth. The gel contains a bleaching agent which is activated by a laser to remove the years of yellowing on your teeth, bringing them back to sparkling white.
- Dental veneers are another fantastic way of transforming your smile. They can be used to disguise individual misshapen teeth, or can be used in a row of (usually) 4, 6 or 8 to disguise a misaligned smile, creating a beautiful veneer over the offending bad-looking teeth. They can give you the same look as orthodontic treatment, but in far less time. Depending on how many veneers you want, some dental clinics with in-house laboratories may be able to create your new smile in a day, otherwise you may have to wait a week, attending the dentist on the first day to have impressions taken and the last to have the veneers fitted.
- Crowns may be used to strengthen weak teeth, or to cover imperfections. Rather than attached to the front of the tooth, like a veneer, they cover the whole tooth. They can also be used as part of a bridge to fill the gap where a tooth is missing. Again, if your dentist has an in-house lab you may be able to get the crown in a day, otherwise you may have to wait for a week.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments that take more than one visit
Some cosmetic dentistry treatments need a commitment to regular dental visits and will need more than one trip:
- Dental implants are the best way of replacing missing teeth. They look feel and act like your own tooth, and no-one will ever be able to tell the difference. Although some implants can be placed in one day, for the majority of us it is not advisable. For a dental implant to be effective it needs to be stable, and this usually involved a process called osseointegration. This is when the implant fuses with the jaw bone causing a strong, stable anchor for a crown (false tooth) to be attached. Osseointegration takes a number of months, which means that once the implant has been placed you will need to return in 6-12 months for the crown to be fitted.
- Orthodontic treatment is used for straightening teeth, usually with braces. While there are a number of different methods used, the process takes between 1 and 3 years to achieve the desired result, and is not usually suitable for a holiday dental treatment.
Find out more about Cancun cosmetic dentistry, and how you can save as much as 70% on many treatments with our quality-checked dentists. Book your brand new smile with confidence, and return home from your holiday with a dazzling smile you always dreamed of.
Categories: Cacun Dentist, Cancun |
June 25, 2013 by Paul C. McTaggart
Cancun dentists are working hard & long to put Cancun, Mexico on the map for affordable, high quality dental care. Cancun dental clinics are focused on delivering the highest quality care to both local and international patients from the United States and Canada. Little did I know that I would have to risk a crocodile attack to see first-hand the quality of dental care in Cancun!
The first Cancun dental clinic I had to pleasure to visit was Sunset Dental Cancun. Sunset Dental Cancun is located at the heart of the hotel zone in Cancun: a couple minutes drive from all the major hotels. I had the chance to visit this ultra modern and architecturally beautiful Cancun dental clinic for two hours and came away absolutely amazed. Sunset Dental Cancun blows away any stereotypes Americans and Canadians have of dental clinics in Mexico! The owners of Sunset Dental, Alaine & Marisela, resonate with their passion for quality dental materials, techniques and customer service for their patients. I was lucky enough to join them both for dinner and we talked into the wee hours of the night about their commitment to elevating the perception of dental care in Mexico. Alaine & Marisela see themselves as ambassadors for Mexican dentistry with every American and Canadian snowbird/tourist/expat they treat.
I headed minutes down the road in Cancun’s hotel zone to visit Dental Departure’s top clinic Ocean Dental – Cancun. I was immediately greeted by owner & head dentist Dra. Irma Gavaldon. Little did I know that Dra. Irma is a fellow Canadian like myself who went to school at the University of Calgary in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Dra. Irma trained at the University of Michigan and decided that she wanted to return back to Mexico to establish herself as a Cancun’s top dentist. Ocean Dental – Cancun is a modern dental clinic that would not be out-of-place in any of the top dental clinics in Canada. When I was there Ocean Dental was in the midst of creating a dental lab just down the road from their clinic. They have reinvested their profits & energy into elevating the quality of their dental materials and decreasing the lab-turn around time to 24 hours (for dental crowns & bridges). Dra. Irma Gavaldon personifies what the best Cancun dentists have to offer: comprehensive dental education, a passion for quality , a commit to customer service and a drive for continuous improvement.
In downtown Cancun lies our latest addition to the Dental Departures network: Inter-Dental. Inter-Dental is a world class dental facility with 8 dental chairs specializing in both adult and children’s dental care. Dr. Roberto Camarena and his wife have built a relaxing environment both inside and outside their dental clinic. As you arrive at Inter-Dental you are struck by the lush trees that surround the building and the playground that is set-up for children to work off their anxiety about visiting this Cancun dentist. When you sit in anyone of their dental chairs you are impressed by their new & modern dental equipment and the views of their garden are absolutely beautiful. I feel proud to recommend Inter-Dental to anyone I come across when they ask me who I would recommend for dental care in Cancun.
I find it absolutely fascinating that I have now visited Mexico dentists in the northern border cities, the west coast & now the east coast of Mexico and I find dentists & dental clinics committed to quality dental care. There is no one Mexico city that I’ve visited that has a monopoly on quality dental facilities or dental care. Nor is there one Mexican city which has a monopoly on poor quality dental care: there are bad dentists in Mexico just as their are bad dentists in Seattle, Vancouver, Chicago, Toronto or New York.
Cancun dentists are like dentists all over Mexico that I have met with personally: Cancun dentists are committed to obliterating the low quality dental care stigma. With every new smile Cancun dentists bring to American and Canadian patients, brings another advocate to prove that Mexican dentists are just as good as dentists in Canada or the United States.
Categories: Cacun Dentist, Cacun Dentist Prices, Cancun, Dentist Reviews |
September 21, 2012 by Andrew
Cancun Dentist (s), only the best.
Are you thinking of visiting a Cancun dentist for your dental treatment? Do you know how to find accurate and carefully researched information regarding Cancun dentists? The Dental Departures website will save you hours of painstaking research and trawling the internet by giving you a wealth of clear and concise information that you can rely on. We want to enable you to choose the best dentist in Cancun for your requirements.
Get a free quote, read our real patient testimonials, and book online for free – all at a guaranteed low price.
Cancun is not only a popular vacation resort, but also offers expert, cost-effective dental care. Combine this with its easy accessibility, and it is not hard to see why thousands of North American patients are choosing a Cancun dentist for all their dental needs. Our dentists are more than used to seeing international patients. You can be certain that they are highly skilled in their areas of expertise.
Take a look at Sunset Dental Cancun for a flavor of the international expertise available at your fingertips.
We have made it easy to view specific clinic details, including details of the treatments on offer by our dentists in Cancun, in one easy-to-navigate place. We have meticulously vetted all the dentists we list on our site for expertise, quality and facilities, and we are certain that our dentists represent superior standards and incredible value in patient care.
Our dental clinics in Cancun are equipped with the very best in state-of the-art dentistry, including digital panoramic x-rays with some, such as Cancun Top Dental, even having their own on-site labs. Rest assured that the Cancun dentists we represent have been chosen because they meet our high standards. If they do not we do not list them on our website. We only work with the very best dentists, so you can be sure that the dentist you choose will be well qualified to take care of you.
Our website is full of useful information on every conceivable dental specialty in Cancun. The information is free and includes guidelines on procedures, as well as everything you need to know about pricing. We also include maps, clinic photos and real patients’ reviews, which are all designed to give you a clear picture to enable you to be comfortable and happy with the Cancun dentist you ultimately choose. When you are ready, our website allows you to make an appointment with a Cancun dentist using our 24 hour online appointment system, or you can get a free quote from us.
See all the best clinics in Cancun here!
Categories: Cacun Dentist, Cancun |