Cancun Cosmetic Dentistry – How it’s possible to get a brand new smile in a holiday paradise
You really can transform your smile on holiday with cosmetic dentistry in Cancun. This popular destination is an archetypal dream holiday location with its pristine white beaches, turquoise waters and sophisticated leisure amenities, with travelers from all over the world now realizing they can get the smile they always wanted in just a couple of weeks, and for a fraction of the price they’d pay at home.
Cosmetic dentistry usually refers to dental work that improves the esthetics (appearance) of the teeth, but not necessarily the function. Although the American Dental Association doesn’t recognize it as a formal specialist area of dentistry, there are two specialties that have been seen, traditionally, to focus on esthetics – prosthodontics (false teeth) and orthodontics (braces).
These days, depending on which dentist you go to, there are other specialties and techniques that are used in cosmetic dentistry, and many dentists see the esthetic, health and functional aspects of the teeth as equally important – if your teeth look good then it’s likely they are supported by underlying good oral health.
Of course, there are quick fix techniques which can improve your smile dramatically in one or two visits, and treatments which take a lot longer and require a commitment to regular visits. Modern dentistry is now so accomplished that there is usually more than one way to achieve the same result. Any good cosmetic dentist will be more than happy to offer you a number of options, and to discuss the pros and cons with you in detail. Take a look at some of the cosmetic dentistry treatments our dentists in Cancun offer:
Cosmetic Dental Treatments that can be done in one trip
These treatments can make a huge difference to your smile in no time at all:
- Tooth-colored fillings are the easiest and quickest to do. Now that silver-colored amalgam fillings are out of vogue, most dentists offer tooth-colored fillings in either porcelain or composite. The process is the same as for a silver filling, and can be done in a matter of minutes. Obviously, color-matched to the shade of your own teeth, they look far more attractive than the silver colored fillings.
- Laser teeth whitening makes a dramatic difference to your smile. If you are happy with your smile, but would like a Hollywood bright, white smile then this is for you. The process usually takes less than two hours and involves a whitening gel being applied to your teeth. The gel contains a bleaching agent which is activated by a laser to remove the years of yellowing on your teeth, bringing them back to sparkling white.
- Dental veneers are another fantastic way of transforming your smile. They can be used to disguise individual misshapen teeth, or can be used in a row of (usually) 4, 6 or 8 to disguise a misaligned smile, creating a beautiful veneer over the offending bad-looking teeth. They can give you the same look as orthodontic treatment, but in far less time. Depending on how many veneers you want, some dental clinics with in-house laboratories may be able to create your new smile in a day, otherwise you may have to wait a week, attending the dentist on the first day to have impressions taken and the last to have the veneers fitted.
- Crowns may be used to strengthen weak teeth, or to cover imperfections. Rather than attached to the front of the tooth, like a veneer, they cover the whole tooth. They can also be used as part of a bridge to fill the gap where a tooth is missing. Again, if your dentist has an in-house lab you may be able to get the crown in a day, otherwise you may have to wait for a week.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments that take more than one visit
Some cosmetic dentistry treatments need a commitment to regular dental visits and will need more than one trip:
- Dental implants are the best way of replacing missing teeth. They look feel and act like your own tooth, and no-one will ever be able to tell the difference. Although some implants can be placed in one day, for the majority of us it is not advisable. For a dental implant to be effective it needs to be stable, and this usually involved a process called osseointegration. This is when the implant fuses with the jaw bone causing a strong, stable anchor for a crown (false tooth) to be attached. Osseointegration takes a number of months, which means that once the implant has been placed you will need to return in 6-12 months for the crown to be fitted.
- Orthodontic treatment is used for straightening teeth, usually with braces. While there are a number of different methods used, the process takes between 1 and 3 years to achieve the desired result, and is not usually suitable for a holiday dental treatment.
Find out more about Cancun cosmetic dentistry, and how you can save as much as 70% on many treatments with our quality-checked dentists. Book your brand new smile with confidence, and return home from your holiday with a dazzling smile you always dreamed of.
Comments are disabled for this post.